Salmon Burgers atop Baby Greens
Oct 05, 2021
This recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner- the choice is yours! You are sure to have heard fish is healthy to consume before. However, did you know it has wonderful benefits for beautiful skin too? Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. This can help encourage beautiful, glowing skin and help combat acne and scarring. Instead of eating this salmon burger on a traditional hamburger bun, try placing it over dark, leafy greens that are jam-packed with nutrients for your skin.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 14.75-ounce can of wild Alaskan salmon
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated, peeled, fresh ginger
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby greens
This recipe requires a few basic steps:
- Start by draining the can of wild Alaskan salmon. Stir it together with the scallions and ginger in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat together the soy sauce and egg white in a small bowl, then stir this mixture into the salmon mixture. The mix will make around four ½ inch thick salmon patties. Form the patties and set them aside.
- Heat the 1 TBSP of olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Turn each salmon patty after it has cooked about halfway through and brown on both sides. It should take about 6 to 7 minutes on medium heat. In the meanwhile, arrange ½ cup of greens on each plate, which you will use to place the salmon burger over.
- Enjoy a nutrient-rich lunch or dinner with powerful skin nutrients!