Have you ever seen those peel-off charcoal mask videos? They take out all the blackheads and dirt from your skin. But don't run out and buy one when you can make one right from the comfort of your home! It's very simple and all you need is 4 ingredients that you can find right in your kitchen. Get ready to remove all your blackheads and clogged pores with this easy DIY charcoal face mask.
Try to stay away from using glue as a peel-off mask. That's right the glue that kids use in art class. Although that might seem to work and people recommend it, don't put that on your face.
These peel-off masks are sold in your local drugstore. You probably have seen some such as the Biore pore strips that peel off your blackheads. One of the main ingredients found in these masks is activated charcoal. This ingredient is also great for natural digestion and whitening teeth. Down below is the best recipe for a natural, easy-at-home DIY charcoal peel-off mask that’s guaranteed to work.
- Activated Charcoal: This is the main factor in this mask. It absorbs toxins and build-up on the skin. This naturally helps to detoxify your skin and clear it of any clogged pores.
- Bentonite Clay: This tightens and tones the skin drawing out any dirt that is stuck deep within the surface of your skin. Check out what other advantages Bentonite clay can be used for.
- Unflavored Gelatin: To get that peel-off effect, adding gelatin to your mixture will help to nourish the skin. It acts as a binder to pull out impurities from the skin.
- Tea Tree Oils: The use of essential tea tree oil helps clarify the skin and keep it smooth.
How To Make The DIY Charcoal Mask
- Open your activated charcoal capsule and add it to a small ceramic bowl. Remember to properly discard the empty capsule.
- Then add the bentonite clay and gelatin together.
- Next, add boiling water to the mixture and mix with a silicone spatula. (Using a metal spoon can weaken the health properties of the bentonite clay)
- Lastly, after the mixture starts to thicken add 1 drop of your tea tree oil and mix thoroughly.
- If masks begin to dry up just add some more boiling water to liquefy it again.
Steps On How To Apply Your Mask
- Remove all makeup and use a cleanser to clean the face. Gently pat the face dry.
- Use a mask brush to apply your mask to the desired area. AVOID your eyebrows and eye area as this mask can pull out eyebrow hairs. If some accidentally get on there don’t worry grab a warm washcloth and remove the mask. Stay at least 2 inches away from your eyes.
- After applying a thick layer, allow the mask to dry for 15-30 minutes or more if needed. When you feel your skin getting tighter just know it means the mask is working at getting those impurities out.
- Find an edge and start by slowly peeling back the mask and watch as all the dirt is removed from your pores.
- If while you’re peeling off your mask it starts to hurt or is just too sensitive to pull off, stop. Using a warm washcloth or a warm shower will easily remove the mask. Only use the T-zone, nose, and chin if other areas are too sensitive.
- If your face looks a little pink don’t stress this is 100% normal. As a bonus, this mask also pulls off tiny facial hairs causing the skin to be slightly pink. But your face will be so soft after!
- Discard the old mask in the trash. It will not go down your sink drain and will cause clogs!
- Finish with your toner and moisturize to keep your skin hydrated and glowing!
This mask works amazing and using it once every week should be just enough. Start seeing results immediately after removing the mask. Making your at-home mask is better than buying any in-store products that can have harmful chemicals and toxins that damage skin. After many attempts, this is found to be the best at-home charcoal peel-off mask!