Active Ingredients - Dark Spot Diminisher
Active Ingredients: Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid
Hygieia Dark Spot Diminisher delivers the following dark spot-correcting system:
- Azelaic acid: A naturally occuring acid found in grains like wheat, rye, and barley. It has antioxidant properties and inhibits the tyrosinase enzyme, stopping the production of excess melanin. It reduces inflammation and cellular aging due to UV exposure. It also has antimicrobial properties that help with acne. Clinical studies show that azelaic acid helps with hyperpigmentation.
- Kojic acid is a substance found in shiitake mushrooms and many other types of fungi. It scavenges free radicals and also blocks tyrosinase in melanin synthesis, inhibiting the production of excess pigment. As a result, it lightens existing sunspots and sun damages, fades the dark marks left over from acne scarring or after a pimple, and may even help with melasma.
- Glycolic acid: It is an alpha hydroxy acid derived from sugar cane that penetrates deep into the skin to support collagen production and other cellular rejuvenation processes. Glycolic acid in this formula promotes the skin renewal to replace the surface layer where dark spots are clustered.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B3. It reduces hyperpigmentation by inhibiting the transfer of melanosomes (bags of pigments inside your cells) from cells that produce melanin to keratinocytes in the outermost layer of your skin. It is a proven treatment for dark spots, discolorations, brown patches, melasma, and hyperpigmentation. It is also an antioxidant and a precursor for NAD+, an important molecule for mitochondrial energy production.
- Hyaluronic acid: It is a naturally occuring building block for your skin that works by attracting water and smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. It also stimulates the skin’s repair process, which accelerates the elimination of dark spots.