Brown rice is a rich source of minerals and vitamins such as Vitamin B, Protein, Magnesium and several antioxidants.
Due to the proteins present in brown rice, it can repair damaged skin and protect it from wrinkles and fine lines.
Brown rice contains complex carbohydrates that can help regulate blood sugar levels, thus preventing premature aging.
Brown rice contains selenium, which has the potential to maintain your skin's elasticity and reduce skin inflammation.
Antioxidants, vitamins and magnesium present in brown rice can potentially protect your skin from blemishes and acne breakouts.
Brown rice contains starch in high amount that works effectively in soothing eczema.
Bet you didn't know all of that!
This recipe uses both zucchini and brown rice spaghetti for a healthy, filling alternative.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces dried brown rice spaghetti
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- Handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ½ fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated, to serve
Directions: Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the brown rice spaghetti to a large pan of boiling water. Cook according to the package instructions, for about 12 minutes or until tender. Drain the spaghetti in a colander and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, deep-sided skillet or wok. Add the shallots and garlic. Cook over medium heat, for about 2 minutes or until soft.