8 Easy at Home Honey Face Mask Recipes
by Blake Cooley on Aug 17, 2021
Taking care of your skin can be difficult sometimes with multiple amounts of products sold in your local grocery stores. With so many different chemicals it can be hard to understand what is safe for you. There are many easy ways to make a natural at-home face mask with ingredients using just raw honey. Making these DIY face masks helps you understand that you’re not using any harmful toxins on your skin that can be found in drugstore products. These can help to clear your skin and give it a radiant glow with all-natural ingredients.
Benefits of Honey
Honey is a great natural antibacterial product full of antioxidants that help wrinkles and aging skin. It also helps to prevent and fight acne. It acts as a purifier as it gently unclogs pores and as a moisturizer as it draws natural oils to the surface leaving your skin glowing and smooth.
Raw honey can be used naturally as a face wash. Start by taking 1 to 2 tablespoons of raw honey and gently rub it into your face. Let the honey sit for about a minute or two and then rinse it off with a warm washcloth. For zits, just apply on needed pimples.
8 DIY Honey Facemask Recipes
Here are 8 easy at-home recipes that you can make by yourself. This is a great way to save money while knowing the ingredients in your products. Keep reading to find your perfect combination of honey face masks.
- Radiant Honey & Lemon Face Mask: To make this facemask begin with one tablespoon of raw honey or Manuka honey with 1-2 drops of Lemon essential oil. Apply to your face and relax for 15-20 minutes. Grab a warm washcloth and wash off the mask. Try to avoid direct sunlight for 24 hours after applying the mask as lemon oil is photosensitive to the sun.
- Clarifying Honey and Patchouli Facial Mask: Mix one tablespoon of raw or Manuka honey with 2-3 drops of Patchouli essential oil. Apply to your face and let sit for about 15-20 minutes. Use a warm washcloth and rinse off the mask.
- Hydrating Honey and Yogurt Face Mask: Combine a mixture of raw or Manuka honey with 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt. Apply to your face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. After wiping it off with a warm washcloth.
- Exfoliating Honey and Oatmeal Face Mask: Combine 1 tablespoon of raw or Manuka honey with 1 tablespoon of uncooked oatmeal. Most people recommend grinding up your oats in a blender to have a more gentle exfoliation rather than using the whole oat. Gently rub it into your skin and sit for 15-20 minutes. Use a warm washcloth to clean off.
- Nourishing Honey and Oatmeal Face Mask: This is a nourishing face mask that uses cooked oatmeal. Mix 1 tablespoon of raw or Manuka honey with 2 tablespoons of cooked oatmeal. Remember to let it cool before applying to prevent any heat damage. Apply to your face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Use a warm washcloth to clean off.
- Moisturizing Honey and Avocado Face Mask: Combine 1 tablespoon of raw or Manuka honey and ½ of a ripe avocado. Apply to the face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Grab your warm washcloth and rinse it off.
- Balancing Honey and Lavender Face Mask: Mix 1 tablespoon of raw or Manuka honey with 2-3 drops of lavender essential oils. Apply to the face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Gently rinse off with a warm washcloth.
- Honey Face Mask: This is a plain honey facial mask. Use 1-2 tablespoons of raw or Manuka honey and rub it on your face. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and then use a warm washcloth to wipe off.
There are many different combinations that you can create on your own to make your face mask. Try products with new ingredients in your kitchen to find what’s best for you. You can also try using many types of essential oils. The list varies from Aroma Life, Blue Tansy, Cypress, Elemi, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Patchouli, Rose, and Tea Tree.
For best results apply a face mask 1 to 3 times a week. You will start seeing clear and hydrated skin right away. Try making these easy, fun face masks, and watch as the honey does its magic!